All landlords are required to comply with certain IRS reporting rules. One of these rules requires that the W-8BEN form must be completed for all tenants who are not US taxpayers.
--> Note: If you have a Social Security Number, you should instead complete the W-9 form.
- Download and complete the W-8BEN form
- Complete lines 1 and 2
- Complete line 3 with your home country address
- Complete line 4 with your rental property address
- Complete line 6 with your foreign tax identifying number issued by your home country
- Complete line 8 with your date of birth
- Sign and date the bottom
- Note: The IRS does not accept electronic signatures for this form. You must sign it by hand.
- Return the completed form to your property manager along with the following attachments:
- Copy of passport issued by your home country
- Copy of VISA issued by the U.S.
- Completed questionnaire stating reasons for your stay in the U.S.
As always, please let us know if you have any questions.